Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas! Like I've said a million times, this is the best time of year. We've been able to do fun things like drive through the lights at Willard Bay and then visited Santa and his reindeer. Well, I should say that Mckenzie and Carter visited Santa. The other boys announced that they're "too old."




We also took a wagon ride through the lights at Thanksgiving Point with our friends, the Fronk's. It was way cold but I had Andraia on my lap and she kept me warm.

A couple nights before Christmas, we went caroling with our neighbors. That was so fun. My kids did NOT want to go but once they got out there and started singing, they really enjoyed it. Hopefully that will be a fun tradition every year.

Christmas Eve was at our house. My parents, brother and his family and my sister and her daughter all came to our house. Doug, of course, cooked all day and made the best meal ever! The kids opened their presents from Nanna and Papa that night. All the grandkids got new jammies and really neat books. We also did a little nativity and sang Christmas carols. I have to say, my kids are so cute!



Christmas morning, the kids were so excited to open presents and then commenced to spend the rest of the day protecting their toys from their dad, grandpa and uncle. We had many a nerf gun war and robot wars... I'm still finding nerf bullets everywhere. Christmas evening we went swimming at my parents' hotel. My little nephew is a little fish. He's 13 months old and was determined to spend as much time in the water as he could, giggling the whole time! My kids had races across the pool. Chase is a mighty good swimmer!

Today is Doug's birthday. We just had a quiet family party and then Doug and I will have a hot date sometime this week. He's always a good sport. I love him to peices.

All in all, the Montrose's had an awesome Christmas! I'm bummed that it's come to an end!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Your kids are so cute!! I'm jealous you were able to go to Willard Bay and see the lights. We always drive past on our way home from Tremonton, but we're usually too tired to stop!

Neika Boulter said...

Ohhh your family is such a ball of FUN! I miss you all so much! Hopefully we can come see you sometime!

Judi Lee said...

I am glad you had a fabulous Christmas. It was here and gone, but will be here before we know it.

We had a great time over at Paul/Elaine's with Rick, Gloria, Ben/Cristi(sp) and Nathan. We had a great dinner and everything.

You're kids are BEAUTIFUL and HANDSOME. We hope that you have a blessed and prosperous New Years. We hope to see you soon.
Love, Judi Lee

Mindy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. My kids think your Syrup is the BEST! We've had pancakes a few times just so they can eat the syrup. Emily showed me how we don't even need pancakes to enjoy it with a huge scoop of the finger. They were seriously ecstatic when we received it.They remembered it from another time you made it. Thank you!!

Jenn Oldham said...

Next time I come to utah I am going to spend OODLES of time with you=). I am sick of not ever seeing you and it is all my fault! I miss ARIANE!!!