Sunday, October 3, 2010

Alone

I usually do ok on my own. I'm not one to need people around me. I've never really needed a lot of validation from others. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's nice to hear that I'm a good mother or that my kids are amazing or that I'm pretty, but for the most part I have a pretty good self esteem. I've always been partial to being left alone. My parents always threw big parties and I would retreat into my room and hang out by myself. I enjoy company but I also enjoy solitude. I've never measured myself by how many friends I had or how many parties I could throw.

Lately I've been having a hard time with my solitude. I had some issues last night and today I just wanted to call someone for comfort and the only person I could think of was my mom but she is in England so I sat in my solitude and cried.

I realize that I'm difficult to get along with. I keep others at arm's length because it's easier than letting them in. I have friends whom I adore and I have a lot of acquaintances but no one whom I'd call to just sit with me. That's really all I wanted today was someone to just sit here while I cried it out. While I cried out all the physical pain, the worry, the guilt, the frustration, the fear, the overwhelming fear and did I mention the guilt?

I know I'm outspoken and people feel uncomfortable around me. I know I've created my own circumstances. It just doesn't feel very good right now.

7 comments:

JenChiz said...

I know we haven't seen each other in awhile, (which we need to change since I have some stuff for Seth) but you can call me anytime! For anything! Please don't ever hesitate. I know that feeling and it is so hard! HUGS!!!!

Nancy Mackey said...

Hey- I meant it when I said we should do something!

Alisa said...

Call me next time. You know I love you, sweetie, no matter what the facts are about this or any other situation you may find yourself in.

Tessa Hatchett said...

I want to give you a hug. **HUGS**
And I want to tell you to to anlways remember that you are beautiful and so many people love you. Everyone's personality is different, my self-esteem has NEVER been good. I hope you feel better soon, I know how it feels to just need to cry it out. Love you!

Teri said...

Hey you! I'm here. I would be honored if you would call me when you just need to cry it all out.
Love you!

Neika Boulter said...

its so much harder to have that someone to cry to rather than be that person for someone else... but you have lots of people you can call and sometimes even if its out of the blue... it just helps to let it all out on someone you don't see everyday.... So in other words... i'm so here for you.... Call me anytime 307-367-4295

Unknown said...

You know I'm right around the corner--and I can sit and listen and cry with you any time you want!!