Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Greatest Easter!!

We had a fabulous Easter! We went to Mesquite to celebrate with my family. My brother and his wife were there with their kids, my sister and her husband with their daughter, and my grandma! We arrived in Mesquite on Friday evening and enjoyed a Spaghetti dinner, decorated Easter Eggs (and my nephew, Baby James) and watched the kids zoom all over the neighborhood on their scooters.







On Saturday we went to Johnson's Farm, which is a dinosaur museum. Apparently this farmer was digging sandstone slabs on some of his property to sell for landscaping. One of the slabs rolled off his tractor revealing what looked like a footprint. From there, it ended up being one of the largest places in the world where they have found actual dinosaur footprints. There are THOUSANDS of them. The discovery has led to many more groundbreaking discoveries. They built the museum right around the dig site so you can see the intensive process of cleaning and "restoring" these fossils. It's incredible. If you're ever in St. George, you have to check that place out!
Also on Saturday we went to Zion's Ntl Park. We absolutely fell in love with that place. I think I've mentioned that only a few hundred times. We had a picnic at the visitor's center there and then took a shuttle up into the park. One of the stops was the trailhead to the Emerald Pools. It was breathtaking. If you've never been to Zion's, you've got to see it!!




On Sunday, the kids had an Easter Egg Hunt at my parent's house. We got some way cute pics. Then we attended my parent's ward where my mother sang in the choir. She also preformed a beautiful musical number called "His Hands." My mother is extremely talented and has a gorgeous voice. She doesn't just sing a song, she tells a story with it. Needless to say, I bawled like a baby thru her whole song.
The Easter program was lovely. There were four speakers who gave accounts and testimonies of the different stages of Christ's life and ministry, his atonement and death, and his resurrection. When we returned to my parent's house, my cousin Brad was there with his wife Kenda and three of their five kids. We had an awesome BBQ and then sadly had to leave for home. It was 85 degrees when we left Nevada. I have to say that it was hard to come home!!











I have to add that I was so proud of my kids for remembering the reason we celebrate Easter. I'm sure it didn't hurt that the Savior was the focus of all our FHE's and our scripture study. Nonetheless, they knew that Easter isn't all about eggs and new clothes. The First Baptist Church in Lindon had this saying on their marquee : "After all, the Easter Bunny isn't the one who died for us." My kids repeated that over and over. One of the precious and rewarding moments for a mother is when her kids repeat something they've been taught.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so excited that you have a blog. Your kids are so cute. I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. The night before Easter we decorated some cookies for you, but you weren't there. I think the kids finished all the cookies off on Easter or I would have brought them back over when you got back. It's the thought that counts, right? So, just know we were thinking of you. Happy day!

Jenn said...

Holy cow James' baby looks JUST like him!! How cute. I love your blog it is super cute. You will have to check mine out sometime;-)
www.princessbordelga.blogspot.com