Monday, June 15, 2009

Shoe Therapy

The last week or so have been emotional and most people who know me know that I'm not good with emotional. So today I decided that my friend, Kim and I needed some Shoe Therapy. I had a little money put aside from my birthday so we hit BOGO at Payless. I have added to my family of shoes and my collection of purses. I feel it's important to do this particular type of therapy to spare my children from such things as yelling, throwing objects, tearing out of the hair, slamming doors, and other such things that result in frustration or anger at actions such as leaving shoes in the middle of the floor, using all the paper in the printer for comic books, drawing pictures on the clean windows with brand new lipgloss, throwing dirty laundry on top of clean, folded laundry, taking bathes and not actually washing body parts, using words such as ball or nut for things that are neither a ball or a nut in front of their grandmother. You see, I always feel it's better to say "Hi babies! Mommy's home!!" Instead of "Mom is home! Run and hide!"

Yes, shoes are good therapy.

4 comments:

Kim and Jazzy said...

Amen sister!

Teri said...

I'm gonna need some shoe therapy by the time Earl gets home from Florida! Maybe BEFORE he gets home, so I'm not locked up in the loony bin first.

Abby said...

Ooooh, I'm so with you on this shoe therapy thing. Tell me when the next one is. I want to come. By the way, the girls just asked me last week why boys call their parts "nuts". Such a fun conversation.

Neika Boulter said...

Man I need some shoes.... and not shoes... if ya know what I mean!