Monday, June 8, 2009

Mommy Moment

Recently we had a precious neighbor go through an extremely difficult struggle and our family has been praying for them and looking for ways we can help. Last night, in the mayhem of getting kids in bed, I walked into Garrett and Chase's room to tuck them in and there was my little Chase, kneeling by his bed. He was praying for our neighbor by name and asking Heavenly Father to bless her that she will feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost. That was my mommy moment for the week and probably for the year. I think my heart was about to burst from how much I love that kid. He is the sweetest boy and others don't get to see that very often because he is so shy. I love every moment of being a mommy, but these moments make it all worth it!



3 comments:

Teri said...

He is the sweetest boy! He has always had a special place in my heart. I totally miss being his primary teacher.

Mindy said...

Words can't express how much that means to me and how much it does for my faith. The first happy tears I've shed in quite a while. Children are the best teachers. What a sweet boy!

Abby said...

Great, now you've got me all weep-ey over here. I love hearing sweet moments like these. We are praying for Mindy, too.