Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Big Day!

Our triplets were baptized on Saturday, August 1st. It was the most incredible day! I can't even explain how amazing the spirit was and how sweet my children were.






Doug baptized all three kids and then he confirmed Garrett, Chase was confirmed by his Grandpa Rick and Mckenzie was confirmed by her Grandpa Jim. All three children were given incredible and very specific blessings. The kids planned their own program, choosing whom they wanted to speak and calling those people and asking them on their own. They were so excited for this day, as were we. I hope they will remember it. I know we will never forget it. These babies whom we waited for and prayed for and agonized over. Garrett who wasn't supposed to make it through his first 24 hours and Chase who had struggle after struggle after struggle and and tiny Mckenzie who amazed every doctor who ever touched her. We just can't believe this day has come and gone and they are so big and gorgeous. We're proud of the decision they made to be baptized.

5 comments:

Abby said...

It was perfect in every way. I just can't imagine how surreal it must have felt after such difficult trials in their early years. To see them reach such a momentous time in their earthly lives must have felt so triumphant. Considering those emotions, I probably would've broke down completely. They are such cute munchies.

Krista said...

What an amazing day for you! The pictures are so cute.

Laurie said...

Congratulations! What a great day- times 3!! I love the picture with the three kids looking into the mirror.

Neika Boulter said...

Those pictures are some of the BEST I've ever seen! Good Job!! I'm so happy for you and your very cute family!!!

Rebecca said...

Awesome! I stand in amazement! You guys are awesome!