Thursday, October 2, 2008

Carter's Owie


So, I get a phone call from the school this morning saying that Carter had fallen and hit his head. The secretary thought it would be a good idea if I came to evaluate Carter myself. I rushed over to the school and found Carter sitting next to the principal, Mr. Jensen in the office who had been checking his eyes to see if they were dilating properly. Carter was holding an ice pack to his head and when he lifted it, he had a HUGE bump on his head. It was a little bigger than a golf ball but not quite as big as a baseball.

Carter has beautiful, huge greenish blue eyes with the longest, thickest lashes I have ever seen. He looked at me with his sad eyes, his lashes looking way longer because they're wet, and my heart broke. Of course I take him home, calling our pediatrician on the way.

Apparently Carter was riding on a scooter in Gym and face planted on the floor. He's fine now, the bump has shrunk but it turned into an ugly purple bruise. So sad. Luckily there's no concussion and he says it doesn't hurt unless someone touches it.

Little boys are going to be the death of me!!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Carter does have the most gorgeous eyes. Awe, he's too cute for such a big owie. I hope he feels better soon. Boys are crazy aren't they.

The Halls said...

Ohh...that always makes me sad! Little kids with big bumps are no fun...

I hope he gets better fast!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

It's always scary to get a call from the school like that! Boys are like Cats, they seem to have 9 lives! lol
He is so cute!

Laurie said...

Ouch! Glad it wasn't more serious. And he does have the most beautiful eyes- so not fair!

Jenn Oldham said...

Carter's eyelashes are UNREAL! Poor dude, sorry he got hurt!

Teri said...

Why do boys always get the gorgeous eyes and long lashes. We have to suffer with mascara!

Glad he's doing better!

Doug and Becca said...

Oh my heck...Ow! That looks aweful. Why are boys so accident prone. Don't they realize what stress it puts on their mothers. I'm glad he's ok though.