Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Weekends

Hi!! The last couple of weeks have been completely insane! My boss signed me up for a tax class that I started last week! It's twice a week and it's kicking my butt. It's interesting and not necessarily hard, but on top of work deadlines and being a mommy and a wife, I am finding that I have NO time. To make matters more interesting, Ethan and Chase were both sick last week which meant I lost TWO days of work. So.... I'm feeling the pressure. Luckily my fabulous hubby does not have to work at his second job this week, so I've been able to catch up on some things. I'm currently trying to work through a mountainous amount of laundry.

Despite the craziness of my week, our weekends have been really fun. Two weeks ago we went to Logan for Doug's grandpa's 88th birthday party. Doug was not able to go with me, so it was just me and the kids. We stayed with My father-in-law and his wife Gloria, whom I love. Actually, everyone loves her. It's hard not to. Anyway, we stayed the night with them after a wonderful birthday dinner that Gloria put together for Doug's grandpa. On Saturday morning, my father-in-law made us a huge pancake breakfast, even breaking out the chocolate chips for the kids. It was really sweet of them.


Gloria, Grandpa Paul and Carter lighting birthday candles.


On Sunday of that weekend, my former aunt Linda invited us up to her house in Park City for a family BBQ. Now, let me quickly explain my relationship with Linda. She is my deceased uncle's ex-wife. (They were divorced long before he passed away.) She was remarried about 12 years ago to a nice doctor named Larry. They live in Baltimore, Maryland in an incredibly beautiful home. About 3 years ago they bought a home in Park City because two of her sons live out here and she wanted to be closer to them, plus Larry loves Park City because he loves to ski. What is cool about Larry and Linda is that they had my family, my brother's and sister's families, my cousin Jennifer's family and my grandma and my aunt Sandy all up to their house for this BBQ. All of these people are family of my deceased uncle. How weird would that be for me if I were in Larry's shoes? Very weird, but he is extremely gracious and they are both amazingly generous.

So, we went up to their gorgeous home in Park City, where they not only have a huge house with game room and playground but they also have a little putting green. My kids were in heaven and my husband got to follow football games on the big screen TVs while playing pool and practicing his putting skills.

Kids playing on playground at Linda's house

Mckenzie on the putting green




After an incredibly busy week last week, we took the kids on a much anticipated trip to Lagoon. I hate going in the summer, so we wait till the fall. It was a beautiful day, it didn't get very hot at all! The kids hit all the kiddie rides and then Mckenzie and Chase shocked us by going on several of the roller coasters. Their favorite was the Wild Mouse which makes me cringe just thinking about it. I think we went on almost everything except for Wicked and the Fire Dragon.... not because we didn't want to.

My dad and I got in line for Wicked. The line moved very fast and just as we were almost to the top of the stairs, the line stopped for about 15 minutes. Then someone came down and told us that the ride was experiencing electrical problems and was shutting down for a little while.

So we headed over to the Fire Dragon and didn't have to wait long at all. We get up to the gates and the coaster comes in. But in the seat where my dad was going to sit was a man and a woman, the woman looked like she was dead. I was a little freaked out because Mckenzie was with us and I didn't want her to see that. But it turns out the woman just passed out, apparently she was anorexic. However, the ride had to be shut down while they got her evaluated and off the ride and then park managers had to come in and do a mandatory saftey check of the ride, so we weren't able to go on that one either. For whatever reason, my dad and I were apparently being protected from something! So we gave up on the roller coasters and went back to the kiddie rides.



We've had really fun weekends! And there are more to come! This weekend we're going to stay with my grandma and the next weekend my cousin is getting married and the weekend after that is our TENTH anniversary. I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, you guys have had some fun! That is awesome. 10 years, that is so great congratulations!

Laurie said...

Whew! Just reading that wore me out! You are one busy lady. Congrats on your anniversary!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

I love weekends! Thats what we live for right? I think we should all come together and push to make them at least one day longer! :)
I love the pictures! Are you in any of them? I want to see you! :)
XOXO

Doug and Becca said...

Wow, you have had fun weekends. I wish I enjoyed riding on the rides at lagoon...i admit, i am terribly afraid of roller coasters. Congrats on your ten years...i forgot that we both got married in October...so weird all the similarities. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary...10 yrs...do something fun! We are going to Sundace for our 5 year.