Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Baby

Ethan loves babies, always has. My sister was visiting last night and Ethan asked to hold the new baby. He sat with her for a long time, touching her hands, feet, nose, ears, and kissing her sweet chubby cheeks. He would talk to her in a quiet voice and rock her a little. He is the sweetest boy.
Let me say this about Ethan, from the day he was born, I always felt that he knew more than I did, that he was smarter than me. I still believe it to this day. There is something about him that is gentle, wise and strong, just like his dad. How many 9 year old boys would sit and hold their baby cousin like that? Even though he's so tall and growing by the minute, he's still my baby.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is so sweet. I feel the same way about Christopher. He has always been way smarter than me. I don't know if it is because they are the oldest boys or what, but I know exactly what you mean. I think Ethan is just Awesome!!!

Teri said...

Maybe its a first born thing. Spencer is the same way!

Neika Boulter said...

He is sweet and has good examples in BOTH parents!