Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BIRTHDAYS!!!

Super Long Post Ahead....

As most people know, Carter and the triplets have birthdays within 3 days of each other. It makes for a very busy July. To top it off, my mom and dad also have birthdays very close to my kids' birthdays, my mom's is a week before and my dad's is smack in the middle of the kids. YAY! It's like Christmas is July.

For the past several years, we've gotten away with celebrating ALL the birthdays together. We'd go to Chuckee Cheese or a water park and the kids loved it. However, this year, everyone had something different in mind. So we did four different things and the kids had a ball. We did too but we were a very tired mommy and daddy!

Carter's birthday is the 16th. He chose to go bowling at Fat Cats with his friend Richard. Thank goodness for free kids' bowling this summer! Then in Montrose family tradition, we broke a pinata at our house and let the kids swim.


Carter getting ready to bowl

Knocked down 6 pins on his first try! Better than Mommy!


Carter and his buddy, Richard
Carter HATES cake so we do a "donut cake"

Mckenzie decided she wanted to have a girl's day with her BFF Jasmine:

We started the day at McD's for breakfast



After loading up on bling, we got pedicures at Le Nails
Our super cute toes!


We did some light shopping and got the girls pics done at Kiddie Kandids.
It was a super fun day!
Here they are looking like serious shoppers!

Chase chose to go to Trafalga with his friend Tre. Once again, thank heavens for free passes! Woot! We started the day at McD's and then headed to Trafalga where we went mini golfing, played at the arcade and took a ride on the go-karts. It was soooo fun!

Tre & Chase at McD's. Getting excited to start the day!



Chase getting ready to shoot his first ball....



Waiting for the go-karts... it was so hot, but we were so excited.
Doug and Chase won. I think they hid a power boost button in the go-kart.
Tre and I tried and tried to beat them but our go-kart sucked.


Enjoying some slushies after the go-karts! YUMMY!!
Garrett got to have a pool party at the new Lindon Aquatic center with his friends Christian and Kaleb. It's a way cute place and the boys had a blast! I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was afraid of getting my camera wet.

Garrett is the one coming down the slide.
The boys spent most of their time in the lazy river and on the slide.

Christian, Garrett and Kaleb
After we got back from the pool, we got ready for the triplet's birthday party! We had the best cake made at Macey's:


It had a Scooby Doo for Chase, Tinker Bell for Mckenzie and Star Wars for Garrett!
We loved it! We had originally decided on a Scooby cake but when we went to buy it,
they had sold it. I was so bummed that they girl at the bakery offered to just
put some toys on a cake. I had no idea she'd decorate like this!
I was so excited!! Especially since it was still in my budget and everyone would be happy!!

After cake, we opened presents and broke not one, not two, but three pinatas.... yes... we have triplets who have minds of their own! Garrett had a monkey pinata, Mckenzie's was a Tinkerbell and Chase's was a Darth Vader head. The whole neighborhood will be sugared up for days!! You're welcome.



All in all, it was a blast! But I'm super happy that we have a year to recover! I can't believe my babies are 8 and 6!! Where does the time go?


3 comments:

Krista said...

Looks like a fun time! Busy... but fun! BTW, I love what you've done with your new layout. ;)

Reginas creations! said...

what fun way to have individual special days!! You did GREAT and love the cake!! Tell your mom and dad I said hi. Do they do facebook?

Regina

Dani said...

Hi Ariane,
This is Danielle Juarez and I am trying to send your parents a wedding announcement, but I don't have your address. I found your blog from Chelsea's blog, but I was wondering if you would mind sending me yours, James's, Shalynn's and your parent's address so I can get you all invites? I would really appreciate it! You can email me at daniellamarcella@gmail.com.
Thanks a bunch!
Danielle