Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cell Phone Fiasco!

So I'm afraid that all the mothers on the block are going to want to hunt me down.... Ethan got a cell phone for his birthday in May. It's a "Go Phone" so it was inexpensive and he has to earn his minutes by being responsible, doing his chores with a good attitude, and other things. Well, today he got his minutes reloaded and showed it to all his friends. I've been bombarded with questions about the cost of the phone and the cost of the minutes and all of that. I've even been asked to call mothers to explain the phone and give their children a glowing character reference. So... to all of you who have been affected by this situation, I'M SORRY!!

However, I do love the kids in this neighborhood. They seem to be permanent fixtures at our house, which I love. It may be the pool or the food or whatever, but I am so happy that they like to be here and that they are so GOOD!! Kudos to the parents of such great kids!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your comment on the hand cuffs and have unfortunately experienced the same non fun!! I got Joseph and Emily firefly phones for Christmas. I wanted to see how well they worked for their minutes before I went to a regular phone. So far we haven't put more minutes on either phone. I think that rocks that Ethan is being resposible about his. He keeps forgetting he has a phone...he can't text, but it was a start. He is so deprived! I want to thank you for feeding my child. I will recipricate one night this week. Okay, what does Carter want for his birthday. My kids are so excited about the pinata. I can't believe he's 5. Kindergarten? He will be so cute walking with a little backpack and the whole crew.

Mindy said...

"He" meaning Joseph forgets he has a phone.