Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fourth of July!



We spent July 4th at my grandmother's in Layton. We made a whole weekend mini-vacation out of it. (We desperately needed to get away!)

On Friday the 4th we went to the Layton park for a pancake breakfast and watched the parade afterwards. There was a little fair set up at the park where our kids got their faces painted and we won a couple miniature frogs! It was really hot so after the parade we headed to my aunt's house and broke out the slip in slide and wading pools. Even Doug and I got in on the action. (thankfully no pics were taken of Doug and I in our sexy swimwear....) We had an awesome BBQ at my aunt's before we headed back to Layton Park for fireworks.













































On Saturday the 5th, we decided to try out the Front Runner, the train that now runs between Ogden and Salt Lake. We took the train into SLC where we jumped on Trax and went to Hire's hamburgers for lunch. We cruised around Salt Lake for awhile before heading back to Layton. It was exciting for the kids to be on a train. We loved it, too! Usually if we go anywhere with my family we have to take a separate car because our family is so big. It was fun to just relax and visit with everyone.



















6 comments:

Teri said...

That sounds like so much fun!

The Halls said...

Yeah! I am so excited you have a blog too! Your family is so cute!!! I am so excited to be able to stay updated on eachothers lives through our blogs...fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ariane!! It was so nice to hear from you through my blog. Wow, do I see 5 kids...you and Brittney amaze me. I feel like I'm drowning with my two! Anyway, it was great to look through your blog and "catch up" with you. My email is brooke_babcock (at) hotmail (dot) com if you wanna catch up for real!

Mindy said...

What a fun idea! Looks like everyone was having a ton of fun. The face painting was really good. Carter is seriously one of the cutest little boys I've ever met. Those eyelashes rock!

Doug and Becca said...

Sounds like fun. I want to take taylor on trax, i think he would like it too. Looks like you had a fun 4th. I love the slip n slide...i want to do that

Nancy Mackey said...

Looks and sounds like you had a blast!! The frontrunner sounds great, so much fun to be able to go together