Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Baby's 5th Birthday

Today is Carter's 5th Birthday. For those of you who do not know, Carter is our bonus baby. After we had our triplets we employed surgical means of birth control but Heavenly Father sent him to us anyway! Now he's growing up. The deal was supposed to be that he stay little. That hasn't worked out so well.... However, this morning he came into the bathroom while I was doing my hair and asked me to hold him. I picked him up and he asked me to sing Happy Birthday to him so I did. I asked him if he could please turn 3 instead of 5 but he told me that the years don't go backwards but he would still be my baby sometimes. That will be one of my favorite memories.

The Montrose Family does not to traditional birthday parties for many reasons but mostly because I have neither the patience or the financial resources to provide the kind of parties I want to do. So the kids get to choose where they want to go for their birthday. Ethan got to go to Boondocks, the triplets want to go to a water park and Carter wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese. They each get to invite one friend, but Carter ended up inviting two. Conner and Oliver Scoubes joined us for a birthday dinner at the Cheese.

Afterward we had a "Pinata Breaking" at our house with our some kids from our neighborhood where we had donuts (Carter hates cake) and broke the pinata.

Carter got tons of Transformer toys, a new bike and a skateboard. He'll be cruising around the neighborhood for days!! All in all, it was a great day!!


Carter's Bike

Mckenzie helps Carter get on his new bike using a stool.
Too Cute!

Carter playing a game at the Cheese

Pizza at the Cheese with the Scoube boys.

Blowing out the Candles on the "Donut Cake"
The donuts were decorated with Transformer Tattoos and Stickers.

The Scooby Doo Pinata.
It kinda looks like we executed a dog by hanging it....

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Carter looked way cute trying to ride his bike all day! Thanks for having the kids over. They had fun. Happy Birthday Carter! We hope you liked your Transformer!

The Halls said...

That looks like a fun day! Can you believe your youngest kid is 5?! Crazy!!! How did we get so old?!!

Happy Birthday to Carter!

Nancy Mackey said...

Oh my goodness!! That "I'll be your baby" totally got me, my eyes teared up and everything. You are such a fun mom- I love the donuts- so cute & fun!!

Doug and Becca said...

Happy Birthday Carter. Its crazy that when you started last year he was only 4, now he's 5. Looks like he had a fun birthday and I love the donut cake. Creative. I thought everyone loved cake....or maybe I love it too much and think its the best dessert. And, maybe i should make you suffer through a BYU game...it might be fun to see you so bored:)

Jenn said...

AHHHHHHHhhh I can't believe how fast your kids are you growing up! I miss you all like crazy!!!!!