Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Day of Freedom & First Day of School

On Saturday we surprised the kids by taking them to Trafalga Square in Orem. We tortured them all morning by taking them to get hair cuts, then out to AF to buy a vacuum at Best Buy, then went to get gas, etc. Then we made them close their eyes when we got close and wouldn't let them open them till we parked at Trafalga. They were so cute when they realized where we were. They LOVE mini-golf. So of course, we went mini golfing, go-carting and played games in the arcade. We had a blast! We also bought Wii Bowling and played that the rest of the day. I used to be totally anti-video games but I LOVE the Wii. Anyway, the kids all agreed that it was the best last day of freedom they ever had. I have to admit, it was pretty cool!

Today the kids started school. Well, everyone did except for Carter. For some reason that makes no sense to many intelligent beings, Kindergarten starts a week after all the other kids start school. We prepared Carter by explaining everything to him but he was still pretty sad today when everyone got to go to school and he didn't. Instead he had to come to work with Mommy and that sucked. (Our babysitting fell thru this week.) Hopefully tomorrow will be better because he'll only have to come with me for a couple hours and I printed off craft projects to keep him busy. Then his dad will pick him up and spend the rest of the day with him. I don't know what to do for the rest of the week but we'll figure it out.

My kids looked soooooooo cute in their new school clothes this morning. I did get pictures of them but I had to take them with my phone. (We broke our real camera when we were mini golfing) I can't figure out how to get the pics off my phone! I'll have to get my hubby to help me.






4 comments:

Neika Boulter said...

Trafalga looks like so much fun! Someday when we're down there, we'll have to go. I can't believe you started school already. We don't start until Sept. 2nd. Haley is in 3rd grade and McKinley gets to go to Kindergarten(full day here). Yahoo, only 2 kids left at home!

The Halls said...

I am dying that I still have 5 days left...my kids are driving me bonkers!!!

Mindy said...

I love those kind of days! I also loved getting to know more about you on your last post. Lunch again soon? I had the best time!

Joy ~ Kurt said...

Good for you! You "played" with your kids! I want to do that more! It is so much fun when I do, I don't know why it doesn't happen more! Oh wait..... because there are always 1000 other things I need to do too! lol
Anyway! I'm proud!