Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mckenzie and Mommy's Princess Weekend

Well.... Mckenzie and I had the BEST WEEKEND EVER!!! We got to go to St. George/Nanna's house for a Mommy and Mckenzie weekend. It was so nice to get away and just be with my precious little princess and it was nice for her to be without her four brothers.


The whole purpose of the weekend was to go to High School Musical at the Tuacahn in St. George. It was an adorable play put on by the Tuacahn High School. The actors were all high school age kids and they did a fabulous job. We went with my fabulous friend Kim, her daughter Jasmine (who Mckenzie says is her VERY best friend in the whole wide world). Kim's friend Becca came as well with her daughter Natalie. And Kim's sister Kristen came with her friend Kaitlyn. My mom also joined us as well.

Here's Mckenzie getting ready for bed in her new HS Musical PJ's that Nanna bought her!


Mckenzie with the actors that played Gabriella and Troy. They were so cute!!

Me, my mom and Mckenzie under the Wildcats banner! GO WILDCATS!!

After we went to the play, we all stayed at a hotel in St. George. We were all so hot and tired that we thought swimming was definitely a worthwhile activity! Here is Mckenzie and her best friend in the whole wide world, Jasmine who has the most gorgeous brown eyes I've ever seen!

Of course, no slumber party is complete without an ice cream sundae party! Here's Kenzie, Jasmine and Natalie in the background, enjoying their yummy ice cream.

Becca realized that our little girls were like miniature Charlie's Angels because we had a red head, blond and brunette! Here they are posing as the Angels at the outlet mall in St. George as we prepared to go school shopping.

Kaitlyn, Kristen, Me, Natalie, Jasmine and Mckenzie
We were supposed to be school shopping..... Don't worry, I didn't buy the hat.

Taking a break at McD's. Our Angles could only take so much shopping!
We had so much fun! Mckenzie and I stayed in Mesquite with my parents Saturday night which was so fun! My dad took us all to see Mama Mia, which is my new favorite movie! We laughed and cried and SANG OUT LOUD!! ABBA rocks. We got home this evening, where my dedicated hubby had dinner waiting for us. I feel very spoiled and pampered and so does Mckenzie. She got tons of new clothes from Mommy and Nanna, a portable DVD player from Papa and she got to see an awesome play and lots of funny movies. This will be one my sweetest memories. Every once in a while I look at her and I'm shocked at how tall she is, how smart she is, and how grown up she seems. It makes my heart ache for my baby girl and I wonder where all the time went, I worry if I do enough for her.... but then we have time together like this and I feel on top of the world. I can't explain how wonderful this weekend was!

3 comments:

Teri said...

How fun for you guys! I love spending one-on-one time with my girls. Can't wait for Andraia to be a little older so we can shop together. Right now, she loves fingernail painting nights!

Mindy said...

I leave tomorrow for my fun friend trip and this blog entry is making me so excited! Looks like you made some awesome memories with your princess. Aren'
t times like that just the absolute best.

Neika Boulter said...

Oh how much fun! I miss you and your family! I'm glad I can stay in touch with you at least. Your little princess is so beautiful! I'm glad you got to take some time with her.