Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Funny Kids


I live in a family of comedians. Chase is the funniest. He has a pretty quick wit and sometimes he just comes up with things out of the blue and we just die laughing! A couple weeks ago we asked the boys to turn off their bedroom lights and of course, they start to complain about having to go downstairs when Chase suddenly says "Don't worry! I've got it covered, I'm a professional!" I started laughing so hard at the way he said it because he was so serious! Now, whenever I ask him to do something, he tells me not to worry, he's a professional.

Every month before my monthly visitor invades, I tend to get a zit. Well, this month I got 4 huge ones. One night, Carter and Kenzie are cuddling me on the couch and Carter looks at me with this thoughtful look and the following conversation took place:

Carter: "Mom, you look like......"

Me: "A princess?"

Carter: "Um... no. Princess's don't have zits silly!"

Me: "Then do I look like a fairy?"

Carter: "No, fairies don't have zits either. Maybe you'll look pretty again when the zits go away."

Now, the conversation sounds mean, but Carter was so thoughtful when he was talking to me that it was hard not to laugh. He never did tell me what I looked like.

The cutest was the other night. Carter has had a really bad cough. I had to wake him up to give him medicine. I didn't know that he and his dad had struggles over the kind of medicine Carter was taking. Apparently Doug had to almost force Carter to take it. So, my baby is half asleep and he takes the little dosing cup from me and takes a little sip. Then he looks up at me with a pained expression and says "Cwap mom. Did Dad tell you to do this to me?" Doug and I cracked up.

I love my kids. Sometime I'll have to post a video of Garrett doing his belly dance and his booty shake. I'm worried the kid is gonna grow up and be a stripper.

4 comments:

Nancy Mackey said...

that is funny!! Thanks! lately I need as many laughs a day as I can get!

Teri said...

I would totally start asking Chase to do every chore I could think of! Sounds like his willing and a professional, so that's better than me doing it any day!!!

Mindy said...

I love the funny little things kids say. It makes everything so much better in the world. Your kids are so adorable!!!

Neika Boulter said...

I wish I knew your kids better. It seems like they ALWAYS say and do such cute things! You are so lucky!