Monday, November 24, 2008

Obsession

When I was in middle school, I was completely obsessed with New Kids on the Block. I was unequivocally in love with Jordan Knight. I had posters plastered all over my wall and every teen magazine that published their pictures. That's normal for a pre-teen, I think every female out there has had a crush on someone.

Well.... now I'm the 30 year old chubbalicious mother of five and I have found myself obsessed with the Twilight books. I've tried to keep in on the down low because it's silly, really. But recently my fabulous friend Kim took me to a pre-screening of Twilight and I have once again found myself identifying with crazed fans who profess their undying love for Robert Pattinson who plays Edward.

So now, I'm coming clean. I think I need something like an AA group or rehab. It's ridiculous. I have not gone as far as to have posters of him plastered in my room. My husband most likely wouldn't approve. Needless to say, I loved the Twilight movie.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I was there opening night. I bought tickets weeks in advance. I LOVE twilight!! Isn't fun to have a fun little obsession at this age!

Bentz Family said...

Oh that is soo funny, I think in all the years we've been friends we didnt know the other was obsessed with Jordan knight!..I so wanted him to be my boyfriend!! HA!
I love this movie too! We should plan a girl weekend when the next movie comes out...dinner & the MOVIE!
Love ya girl!

Nancy Mackey said...

I think I know how you feel- about the books anyway; totally love them, I have them on audio and I am not admiting how many times I have listened to them- not completely sure I want to see the movie (they can never be as good as the book was) but I am actually going tomorrow.

Doug and Becca said...

That's awesome. I don't think my husband would like posters of Twlight in my room either. Did you like the movie? I thought it was pretty good. I can't wait for the next one.