Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Boys

Carter

Chase

Dog pile

Garret getting some serious air


Doug and I were grocery shopping today (I still can't drive) and we were passing the meat department and I asked him if we needed any meat. He said no, he'd been stocking up on meat that had been on sale every time he'd gone grocery shopping. I realized then that I've been living in an alternate universe for the past few months. Usually, I'm the "stocker-upper." But my loving, if not over-protective husband, has donned most of the household responsibilities. He is slowly relinquishing some responsibility to me.... but I have spent the better part of the last few months in my room, with the blinds drawn, trying to get rid of or live through the latest headache or recover from the last seizure/stroke. I help the kids with homework in my room, I play games with the kids in my room, I read to the kids in my room, we do a lot of things lately in my room! I am so sick of my room!!!!

Today, my husband took a much needed break and went to a movie with my brother and brother-in-law, so I took advantage of "my time" and hung out with my kidlets. I burned some CD's for Ethan and Chase, played some games with Mckenzie and tried to be enthusiastic about the rolly poly bugs my kids have adopted as pets. (ick)

I was working up the energy to clean up dinner when I looked outside and noticed it wasn't raining anymore and Garret, Chase and Carter were jumping on the trampoline. I grabbed my camera and just started clicking. Before long we were all laughing like maniacs. Usually I'd be on the tramp with them, but I can't do that for now, so taking the pictures was almost as much fun. I got some good ones of them catching some good air. They are soooooooo cute.

Well, I'm off to have a popcorn pajama party with my babies. I haven't seen Bolt yet. I hope it's good!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Watching your kids have fun can be such a boost. The pj party sounds fun. Hope your spirits are up. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya. Happy Day!

Reginas creations! said...

Oh sweeite.... I wish I was there to help you and my 3 would love yours and giant pj party. I would spruce up your room w/something new, paint or something fun. I wish you were feeling better. You are a great mom and I love you smiling face! You help me when I have rough days to see your face book and your words make me chuckle. Thank you! love you and big hugs. Write me anytime!!

Teri said...

Hope your PJ party was a blast! I haven't seen Bolt yet. Let me know if you like it! I've been thinking about you. Remember how wonderful you are!

Darin & Amber Bassett said...

You are such a great mom. Even when you aren't feeling up to snuff, you find time for your children. You just made me want to be a better mom. Hope you are feeling even a bit better.
Thinking of you,
Amber

The Halls said...

glad you got some fun time with the kids...thinking about you..hope everything goes okay...