Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ewwwww & an almost FREAK OUT!

A few weeks ago I bought Ethan a couple pairs of shoes from Shoe Carnival. They were having a sale and they have the kind of shoes that Ethan loves. The brand is Zoo New York and the shoes come with these key rings that Ethan also loves. I do not love them....

So, I'm doing laundry tonight and go to check the dryer and out pops these key rings. They scare the crap out of me because guess what the key rings are..... cockroaches. Big, fat, ugly cockroaches on a key ring. And out popped 4 of them. Ethan had left them in his pants and they'd fallen out. Ick, Ick, ICK!!! I'm usually ok with icky stuff because, well, I have 4 boys and we are abundant in the icky stuff in our house. But I'm not ok with bugs and big, fat, ugly cockroaches are in that category.

What made my boys roll around on the floor with laughter was that after I'd found them and jumped and squealed, I was pulling clothes out of the dryer and I stuck my head in to get the clothes stuck in the back of the drum and there was one stuck at the top of the dryer, just hanging there. It scared me too death and I squealed again.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Oh GROSS. I find nothing funny about cockroaches. After coming home to my little missionary apartment day after day only to turn the lights on and see all the cockroaches scurry across the kitchen counters into all the cracks in the walls and the stove and the sink AND the couches, I find nothing funny about those creatures...

Abby said...

Oh GROSS. I find nothing funny about cockroaches. After coming home to my little missionary apartment day after day only to turn the lights on and see all the cockroaches scurry across the kitchen counters into all the cracks in the walls and the stove and the sink AND the couches, I find nothing funny about those creatures...

Johnsonville said...

Umm, EW! Little boys are the greatest, yes? :) In the spring, we have snakes about 100 feet from our house, and our kids just LOVE to get them and bring one in to the house to scare the crap out of me. Ahhh, the innocence of youth! :)

Krista said...

I can just imagine the whole situation... And now I'm laughing. :)

Laurie said...

Yuck! That's life with boys!