Monday, March 1, 2010

My New Favorite

This may sound silly, but I've already bared my deepest feelings on here, so what's one more deep, dark secret? This past weekend, I finally saw Avatar with Eric and his son. My boys went to see it with their grandpa while Mckenzie and I went to see Princess and the Frog with my mom. I've kinda wanted to see Avatar, but it hasn't been at the top of my list.

However, I was completely blown away. Not just by James Cameron's obvious genius, because let's face it, the man is a cinema god. But I was completely touched by the story. It was sort of predictable. This marine who is basically performing espionage on this indigenous people falls in love with them and wants to save them, but I was more touched by the background story of this native people who are spiritually connected to the earth and to each other. It was very inspiring. I absolutely loved it. There were so many different underlying themes and stories to learn from. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I totally recommend it!

3 comments:

Darin & Amber Bassett said...

I totally agree! And I also didn't really want to see it, but when I finally did I was blown away.

Bentz Family said...

We took the kids! & LOVED IT!

Krista said...

Sam took Michael and they both thought it was amazing but I was still skeptical. I keep hearing about it though so maybe I'll have to go see it.