Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Being Thankful

My friend, Nancy, is doing this on her blog... since it's November and Thanksgiving is this month, she is posting something she is thankful for every day. I decided to "steal" her idea because frankly, I need it! I need to be reminded of what I'm thankful for.

Today I am thankful for my healthy and happy kids. They are the light of my life. I look forward to hearing them walk through the door when they come home from school. One of my favorite things is our dinner time tradition. I ask them what their favorite thing of the day was and what was the worst part of their day. They come up with some hilarious and sometimes insightful things to say. And always, always, always, my Chase asks me how my day was. I love it! And not only does he ask, but he listens.

I'm so thankful for my friends. For their love and support. And especially their comfort. Even though I know I lock myself down, they are persistent and always there.

And as much as I love the sounds of my children, I'm grateful for the quiet time of my day after the kids go to bed. Sometimes it's lonely, but most of the time it's good to decompress and plan my next day.

3 comments:

Nancy Mackey said...

you just made my day! i woke up grumpy this morning... thanks for giving me a smile!

Teri said...

What great things to be thankful for! Your kids are awesome. This is such a great idea.
I'm thankful for you!

Laurie said...

I love this! I also love the noise of kids, but I'm so grateful at the end of the day when the house is silent!