Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bragging about my Baby

Before I forget, I have to brag about my Mckenzie. A few days after Christmas, she and I attended a birthday party at Pirate Island by the mall. She was playing in the arcade with her friends when she found a ton of tickets, maybe 100 or so. Instead of keeping them, she decided to walk around and find who they belonged to. She found a little boy who was crying by the entrance to the arcade, who had lost all his tickets. She gave them back to him and resumed playing her games.

Mckenzie came to tell me about it. She said the little boy broke her heart and she felt so good when she gave him back the tickets. I asked her if she wanted to keep them and she said no. She knew if she lost so many tickets, she'd want them back. Can you believe that? She's 8 and she thinks that way. I love it!! Her dad and I must be doing something right. She is such a little mother, it shouldn't surprise me that she'd do something like that. I just love her to pieces. My little red-headed ZZ.

2 comments:

Teri said...

It sounds like you guys had a great break! Earl will be jealous that you wend to Albuquerque. He has a favorite Thai restaurant there that he says I have to try!

Sweet Mckenzie. I love that she was so thoughtful.

Nancy Mackey said...

way to go mom!