Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catch up!!

WOW!! It's been a whirlwind of a Holiday Season. I can't believe it's January all ready!!

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. Just before Christmas, the kids and I headed down to Mesquite to spend a few days with my parents. My mom and dad took us to the St. George Temple to see the lights and we watched the movie "Joy to the World" in the visitor's center. Also in the visitor's center, they had a wonderful exhibition of Christ's life in photos. It was absolutely beautiful and very moving. After that, we headed back to my parent's house and opened presents. My parents give the kids jammies and a book for Christmas, so the kids spend the evening reading their favorite books which included Diary of a Whimpy Kid, Junie B, Fablehaven, Captain Underpants, and Doctor Seuss.

We came home just in time for Christmas Eve. I spent the day cooking, making our traditional ham and stuffed mushrooms. Sooo yummy. Doug came over and we ate dinner, read our Christmas Story (If You're Missing Baby Jesus) and opened our Christmas Eve Presents. The next morning, Doug came over early to open gifts and stayed to put things together and play with the kids.

Later that day we were invited to Christmas dinner at my friend Eric's aunt's house. We had prime rib and opened more presents. (she was so sweet to get my kids gifts!!) It was such a nice and relaxing day.

On the 30th, Eric took me to Arizona to his Grandmother's house near Winslow. It's on the Navajo Indian Reservation there. When I say "near" Winslow, I mean about 40 minutes from there. It was absolutely beautiful and I loved every minute of it. His family was so welcoming and sweet. They took us to Albuquerqe, NM and showed us around the Old Town. I also got to see the Painted Desert (although it was covered in snow.... ) and the North rim of the Grand Canyon! For those who know me, I was in absolute heaven. I LOVE the desert!!!!!!!!

The day after we got home, school started for the kids and two days after that, school started for me at UVU! I am totally loving it. I have always enjoyed school but I was in 7th heaven on Wednesday. I just couldn't stop smiling. I took the kids to campus this evening because I had to buy a book that I couldn't find online. They've been begging me to take them to my school. They were so cute asking me all kinds of questions and wanting to see everything. I am just so excited about this decision.

So, that's the catch up... I'll try to keep this updated!!

No comments: