Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cakes

Cakes, cakes, cakes.... The Scout's Blue & Gold Banquet was tonight and we made 3 cakes. It was a little stressful on Mommy, but it ended up being pretty fun.


Chase's cake was a Camping by the Lake cake. It had a lake made out of blue Jell-O and trees made out of frosted ice-cream cones...


Garrett's cake was a Fort. We named it Fort G. It was pretty cool with lots of Oreo stix as trim and army men guarding everything...

Ethan's cake was a tank. It had Oreo wheels and an Oreo stix cannon. It also had Army guys ready for a battle....
We had a really great time and made a HUGE mess decorating. I'm sooooooooooo happy the Blue & Gold Banquet only comes around once a year. Especially now that I have 3 boys in Scouts. Wow!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I think you deserve some kind of an award for this. I have always sighed a sigh of relief that I don't have to do the Scout thing. I can't imagine having to think up an idea for just ONE cake, let alone three of them! They look absolutely fabulous.

Nancy Mackey said...

you are so awesome!